Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reactions

So, I gave out Lily's photos to our family yesterday and everyone was very happy to finally be able to have a picture to put in their wallets. My mom started to cry because of how sweet and peaceful she looks in the photos. My dad put Lily's picture in the part of your wallet that your driver's license is supposed to go so that she would be the first person that he sees when he opens his wallet. I gave pictures to my nieces (because they have been begging for a picture of their cousin) and they were so sweet. They kept going "aww, look at her tiny feet " and "she just looks like she's sleeping!" My sister has been great with explaining death to them, and they know that she is in Heaven with Jesus.

I feel good about giving out the photos, as any proud mommy would be~ she is my firstborn, and will always be a member of this family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad your family loved the pictures. I added your blog to my hoping to adopt section hope you don't mind!

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I love that you did this and they were so well received. It means so much that our families keep them in their minds and thoughts. Good job!