Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lovely~

I normally share comments that I get from people throughout my day, and find a plausible reason why someone would say something stupid. I'm just chalking this up to absolute ignorance. I don't even care that she doesn't know about Lily, but the audacity of people to just so whatever pops in their mind is ludacris to me.

So, I'm talking to this girl today about what I did last night and she proceeds to tell me how great my life and marriage is because I don't have kids. Hello? My response to her was along the lines of "well, we want kids...we had a stillborn daughter in August, and we are probably going to adopt." Heavens help me its always the people with kids that say the dumbest things. I wanted to say to her "don't blame your kids for your crappy marriage." I mean really who says stuff like that without knowing whats going on in someone's life? The diplomatic person that I am just let my response speak for itself.

1 comment:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

OMG! There is no excuse for that. I'm surprised you didn't hit her. I can't stand comments like that. Only a few weeks after I delivered Gregory, an acquaintance was complaining about her kids and said, "sometimes I wonder why I ever had kids". I wanted to punch her.