Sunday, February 15, 2009

Angel...

My dh planned a surprise valentine's dinner last night that was very nice and I had a wonderful time. My honey and I now have a custom to toasting to Lily at every meal, and she wasn't far from our hearts or thoughts last night. You can't help but think that if Lily were here that we would have had to get a sitter to go out last night, and how I would have been calling home every 30 minutes to check in on her. At the end of the meal we got up to leave and our very nice waiter said "I hope you have a great valentines day, angel." That term of endearment just took me by surprise, and maybe in some way that was God's way of saying to me that Lily really isn't that far away from me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is always near.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I love that you toast Lily with every meal. That is so sweet.