Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day #6



This one again is related to my awesome hubby but today I'm thankful for being a stay-at-home mom. We decided I would stay home with the kids before we were even married because this was important to both of us. Some call this arrangement (being a SAHM) as a luxury but no, it's a sacrifice and I'll explain...


It is a luxury in the fact that I won't/don't miss any of my son's new milestones but it's a huge sacrifice in the budget department. We watch every penny now whereas when I was working, we spent money like it was going out of style. My hubby works very hard everyday to bring home a paycheck and then works very hard to keep us on a budget.


Sometimes, I miss working, not because I don't enjoy being with my son but I miss having adults around and I miss having lunch breaks, lol...


One day, I'll go back to work (part-time) but for now, I'm just enjoying being a mommy. I didn't go through a high-risk pregnancy (and, lose my uterus) to only see him for a few hours a night and weekends. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm looking down on working parents BECAUSE I'M NOT. I have nothing but the upmost respect for any good parent whether that means you're working or staying at home.


Quite honestly, I wouldn't/couldn't dream about putting him in daycare with his special needs. I would be a neurotic mess wondering what they were doing for his exercises and if they were not meeting all of his needs in his way because he's not like all the other kids. I don't know if they have daycares like that...I've never looked to be honest.


So, in essence I've traded in adult and stimulating conversations for convos about Mickey Mouse. I've traded in stressful reports and projects for building block towers and playing with cars. I wouldn't have it any other way...

No comments: