Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day #12



I'm going to be completely honest and I say that I was always wary of other women until I became a mom. Before becoming a mom, I was still shallow enough to care about being prettier, having a cuter outfit, or have your choice of any other catty/immature behavior. Hey, I'm being truthful...


These days, between running to one therapy session to the next or some other duty to a special needs child, I'm just happy to brush my teeth everyday. BUT, some of my closest girlfriends now are other moms. We don't go shopping at the Gap together but instead meet at the park with our star.bucks and talk about life. I've met some wonderful women through my mom's club and through MOPs. Oh, how some of my insecurities about motherhood were lessened when I started hanging out with other moms! I stopped crying in his nursery at 3 am and instead confessed my recent bad mommy moment to my other mommy friends and hearing "yeah, I've done that before, too!" goes a long way to alleviating guilt. And, there is no greater guilt than mommy guilt...


So, thank you to all my mommy friends!


No comments: