Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 days of thankfulness



I thought about doing this blog project on Cooper's blog but then decided I'd rather do it on Lily's because I want to show others that you can still see the good and have hope after a loss. I'm a day behind so I'm going to do two things that I'm thankful for in this post.


1. Sometimes I'm more faithful and obedient than other times but I'm most thankful for my relationship with God. I've never kept it a secret from anyone that I believe in a higher power and I'm aware that all the good things AND bad things that happen are from Him. Sometimes, it's the bad things that make you want to turn away and even when you do for a period, He's always there to take you back with open arms. I've never once felt alone in the last 5 years (this November will mark 5 years since we started trying to have a family.) and it's not because of my family and friends. He was there when I was curled in a fetal ball in the shower wishing that I had died with Lily. He was the reason that I uncurled from that ball and continued on with hope.


2. My hubby makes #2 on the list! He's hot. He makes me laugh. He thinks I'm pretty after 2 babies and still not being at my pre-pregnancy weight even though my youngest baby is 2. He knows what I want to eat at every restaurant and will watch episode after episode of any girlie show just because he wants to be around me. He's passionate and vocal about what he believes in. He's marvelous, really...I don't know what I'd do without him :)

5 comments:

Antoinette said...

<3 you!!!!!! thanks for joining ;)

Ive been at the curled up in a ball position a lot more than not and it was for anthony that i got myself out and looked for hope....so #1 n #2 of urs click with me in a sort of way too <3

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.

trennia said...

(((hugs)))
This is a wonderful way to show our thankfulness!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

<3 this!

Sarita Boyette said...

God has helped me so much, too. I don't know how I would have made it without Him. Your hubby sounds like a doll - mine is pretty sweet, too. xoox