Friday, January 30, 2009

Weakness

I was pulled to my bible today~ normally, I'm running short on time, and have been barely racing in the door at work on time, but today following the same schedule that I always do I was provided 15 extra minutes to do a bible study. I said outloud "Father, I know You're pulling me over here, speak to me through Your words"... I ended up in 2 Cornithians 12 and verse 8 shows the words of Jesus:

"My grace is sufficient for you, and for my power is made perfect in weakness."

A lightbulb went off in my heart and my brain~ I immediately started to talking to Him about how I've been carrying so much anger for all this pain that I have been through, and really He never said to me that because I am a believer that I would be provided with a life that wouldn't suffer trials...trials that should have me leaning on Him and gaining strength through Him to get through the pain. I foolishly have left it up to my human emotions and anti-depressants (as mentioned in pervious post) to get through this trial. I told Him that I miss Lily, but I've also missed talking to Him. I stupidly put God on the silent treatment, being the patient Father that He is, He knew that I would come back around...I thanked Him for taking care of my baby, and I know that she is having the best time... and that her mommy will rejoice in that FACT and look forward to the day that we will be rejoined.

So, here we go...May the healing begin...for His grace is sufficient for me.

No comments: