Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye and good riddance 2008 and hello 2009!

So, I don't have to tell any of you that 2008 was not a good year for me, that goes without saying...

We went to bed last night at 9:30 and slept right through the countdown to 2009. I did manage to hear fireworks going off at 12:01 this morning, but quickly just rolled over to return to slumberland. I'm not normally one of those people that makes a big to-do about New Year's Eve~ well, at least since I've become a real grown-up that only has New Year's day off and must return to work on Friday...and I need my beautyrest, and noone likes me unless I've at least had 7 hours or more of good hard sleep. I did wake up this morning though with positive vibes that 2009 will be a better year than 2008. Its bittersweet though, because I would love to have Lily here to bring in the New Year, but I'm trying to grasp that somethings just cannot be changed. So, 2008 was the year that I said hello and bye to Lily. I have decided to no longer use "hello and goodbye" when describing the day that I saw Lily...because our seperation is only temporary and there was nothing good about that day.

So, here we go 2009~ I'm pumping you up as the year that will deliver, and I don't want to have to badmouth you to 2010, so don't let me down.

God bless and best wishes to all my blogging buddies!
JenJen

1 comment:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I hope you get all the happiness you deserve in 2009. Here is to a NEW year.