Sunday, March 15, 2009

I wish I could take away his pain :(

My hubby and I went out to eat the other day and there was a couple with a baby sitting a few tables away, and the baby started to cry. The sad look on my hubby's face with the tears coming to his eyes was really hard for me to take. I think I underestimate the pain that he may be feeling at times, not because I think that his heart is less broken, but because he always tries to be so strong...for me. He says that he wishes he could hear Lily cry, and made me promise to slap him if he ever complains about our future children crying one day. I think a lot of people with kids don't realize the blessing of being able to hear those cries~even if the crying is involved with something silly. When you haven't had the opportunity to hear your child cry because they weren't able to take their first breath...then you realize how sweet a sound a cry can truly be.

3 comments:

Bluebird said...

I know. It's so hard to know what to do for our sweet hubbies. And what I wouldn't give to hear my babies cry. . . ((Hugs)) sweet girl.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Absolutely. I know my husband tries to be very strong and not let it show. To hear my sweet little boy cry or scream would be music to my ears. Hugs for you and the hubby.

Anonymous said...

My hubby is the same way, he has tried to remain strong, he has been having a hard time lately. We went out to eat and we were seated near a baby girl, hubby just got up and went to another table, he is just so sad.
I think all of us would give anything to console our crying babies.