Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finally ready for some answers...

The doctor that I credit to saving my life while in the hospital is Dr. Trevitt, who is a prenintologist (ms?) , that my ob-gyn called in to consult over my case. Lily died from a concealed abruption, that had been diagnosed as appendicitis. My ob-gyn wanted me to deliver Lily naturally so she began inserting the cytotec onto my cervix, but after 16 hours of this I was still not going into labor. My health was quickly deteriorating so Dr. Trevitt was called in and decided within 5 minutes that an emergency c-section was needed. My husband was told that I might not make it out of the surgery~ people, I was sick...next thing I remember is waking up on the ventilator. I thank God for Dr. Trevitt, he was my guardian angel, without him I would no longer be here to grace all of you with my greatness :)

Dr. Trevitt was in the room when my uterus ruptured...He talked with Chuck minutes after the surgery was over and verbatim told Chuck "if she were my wife, I would never let her use her uterus again"...ugh, so I have been dreading see Dr. Trevitt because of all the emotions that I carry from that day~

We are going to Dr. Trevitt on Wednesday. I have so many unanswered questions. I want to tell him thank you for saving me. He pretty much told my doctor what was going to happen, and she started singing a different song. I will never have satisfactory answers for all the questions. I will never forgive myself for not going to the very best hospital to begin with...I will always feel like I let my sweet baby down. But, if he can answer some of the burning questions than maybe some healing can really begin.

2 comments:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm so glad you had that doctor on your side. I have similar regrets because I went to the crappy hospital and then was transferred via ambulance to my hospital which only made the placenta tear away quicker. I wonder what would have happened if better doctors saw me first...

Christina said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I came across your blog from another woman's who also lost her daughter. I'm shocked that the doctor gave you cytotec though because it is known to cause a high rate of placental abruption and the manufacture has stated it should not be used to induce labour for this reason. Did your doctor tell you of this risk?