Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To the next step...

My husband and I have officially begun the process of adoption since any future pregnancies for me are very unlikely. I could possibly get pregnant again but it would be considered extremely high risk, so I'm trying to be realistic.

We went to a great seminar last night on how to get started in the adoption process, and we have our first appointment to discuss baby preferences, and how to do our profile. We are going to be using an adoption consultant and they guarantee to have a newborn placed in our home in 3 to 12 months. The lady giving the seminar told the group that once you get to the place where it is more important to be a parent than to get pregnant then you are in a good and healthy spot to begin the adoption process.

I feel more hopeful about becoming a mommy...this is certainly not how I planned on accomplishing that goal, but regardless I feel that my husband and I can give a child a good and loving home. So, we will see what the future holds....

I'm trying not to feel guilty though, because I never want to be disrespectful to Lily's memory. I love her more than words can say...

3 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, I am excited for you!! That possibility sounds amazing! You are going to be an awesome mother to a child who otherwise might have a very tough life. I know that this in no way erases the pain of losing your precious Lily, and nobody will ever doubt your love for her. You love her and always will, but God has also given you the desire to be a mother. I know you will give any child a wonderful life. :)

Mrs. Mother said...

I am so happy and excited for you. I hope your journey to motherhood through adoption is a short one. Don't worry about this being disrespectful to Lily's memory. You just want to give her a sibling.

Becky said...

I just came upon your blog through a link on another...and wanted to wish you the very best on your adoption journey. It is challenging but it is worth every bit of the effort. God bless you and your husband, and your precious Lily.