Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


My side of the bed faces the bookcase that holds Lily's urn, her picture, and other do-dads that I put up there to honor my daughter. That bookshelf was the first thing I looked at coming into conscienceness this morning. So, I rolled over and told my hubby the things that I am (still) grateful for in my life. I thought that I would share that list with all of you:


1. My relationship with my heavenly Father. I'm thankful to Him that I even have this list to write out because I know without His loving hands involved in my life and left to my devices that my life would not be as colorful. I'm also thankful to Him for the sacrifice of His only son that gives me the opportunity to see my daughter again.


2. My wonderful husband who is a constant source of laughter and support everyday. I have such a good time with my husband every second that we are together. Even when we have serious discussions he can always say side-splitting commentary to have me rolling on the floor. He is such a good provider~ I haven't paid a bill since we got engaged, and I have been blessed to not really have to worry about money because he has everything taken care of (for those of you worried that I can't take care of myself anymore let me assure you that he keeps me involved and up-to-date on all of our affairs). He holds me every time that I've cried whether its because someone hurt my feelings at work or if more importantly I just miss my sweet Lily. He is everything to me~ my bestfriend, my partner, and the father to my child. He is the love of my life.


3. I'm thankful for the short time that I got to spend with my daughter. She is missed every second of the day...and death no longer scares me because I know she will be there holding the Lord's hand when I get to heaven to greet me. I love you Lily!!


4. My family, and as shown in my previous post, especially my sister. All families have their issues, but I know that when needed that they will all be there for each other.


5. My friends~ the ones that you know are there for you no matter what happens in life. You have the ones that you've known since childhood and the ones that you meet along life's journey. I hold them close to my heart, and there are a few that I consider as close as family. Even my blog and BBC buddies~ thank you for pulling me through some of my darkest days with your kind words. You keep me sane on days when I feel as if I'm falling apart. We will probably never meet, but know that there are loving thanks to you~ many virtual ((hugs)) to you wonderful and supportive ladies!


6. My health~even with my broken down uterus...I laugh as I write those words. I'm healthy, other than needing to lose a little weight, but I have no disabilities that keep me from enjoying all the wonderful things that make life worth doing everyday.


7. My job. Even when I vent about being sick of working for a living, and do all of the normal things when complaining of your job...I am thankful that I am gainfully employed with such a great group of people and by such a wonderful company. Everytime any of our home office folks come down for a visit they greet you with a hug..even if its the first time you've met them. They have been a terrific company to work for for the last 6 years. Thank you to my boss. Mary, for giving me the opportunity to work in an environment that I enjoy everyday.


I love this road called my life~ the potholes, and the bumps....and the newly paved roads that make life so enjoyable. Carpe diem! Much love and peace wished to all on not only this Thanksgiving by everyday of the year!


JenJen


I'm posting this pic that I took at a Walmart in Commerce, Georgia for giggles!!!

1 comment:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

It's great to put things into perspective and think about the good in our lives. Happy Thanksgiving.