Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting the Christmas spirit~

So, my hubby and I have been debating on how crazy to get with our Christmas decorations this year, because we don't want to appear like we are not respectful of our daughter's memory. But, a few of my neighbors have decided to do their Christmas decorations (last year these people did nothing), which prompted me and my hubby to bring our A game this year. I mean we are the obnoixous neighbors...You know the ones where there are like 10,000 lights, a penguin wearing a scarf, snowmen piling up everywhere? Yeah baby, we are those neighbors...I mean Lily wouldn't want her mommy and daddy to look like chumps...

So far I have done a good amount of work in the home (I included some pics with this post), and we haven't been able to do much with the outside since its been raining here in Georgia since Thanksgiving.

Seriously, this Christmas season is not going the way that I had intended it too, but in my heart of hearts I know that she would still want us to enjoy this time of year. So, forced or not, I'm going to hang the lights and the misletoe...and see what happens...
As, you can see even Delilah is getting into the action!! I will post some of the outside as we continue to deck the halls...

1 comment:

Never forgetting Gregory said...

You are right. Your Lily would want you to enjoy Christmas and remember her instead of stopping everything. Glad you are getting into the spirit.