Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lily's memory boxes

I've been working on the boxes for Lily's birthday for the last couple of weeks and I'm almost done! I'm compiling the list of books on grieving and I have to find the perfect words for the beautiful cards that I bought for the boxes. The cards were designed by Franchesca and they deserve a post all their own which I will be doing in the next day or so!

But, here are the boxes so far! :)


A teddy bear to cuddle, a blanket to wrap around the baby and take home with them, a journal to write down all the emotions that will come up in the hours, days, weeks, months following the baby's passing, a disposable camera, a picture frame and a hand (or foot) mold.



I'm going to decorate the outside of the box more about right now I have pink and blue baby hands and feet stickers.






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great! I got a fabric folder that was tied with a ribon, it's really quite neat, and I've often wondered who made it, and if they had lost a baby as well.... Such a beautiful tribute to Lily! Thanks for all of your comments over the past few weeks... it's been so nice to have some online support!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Jen,these are precious. <3

Sarita Boyette said...

This is a beautiful idea - love all that you have included! I also love your new pink blog makeover! xoxo

Devan @ UnspokenGrief said...

The boxes look great! You are doing incredible things & touching so many lives in Lily's honor. She would be proud mama

Maria said...

That is something SO good your doing!!!!

You little girl is definately proud of her mother!!

hugs
Maria
xxxxx

Laura Ryan Caden Will Kamryn said...

as a mother who has lost twins previously and just found out that she will again deliver one baby instead of two i can say that these are so great! We received a bear from our first loss and it was so comforting. What an incredible thing that you are doing. I just had to delurk finally and tell you what a special thing it is that you are doing.

trennia said...

That is a beautiful way to remember Lily...the boxes look beautiful.

Becky said...

The boxes look great!. What a wonderful thing you are doing in memory of Lily.