Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Heaven is for Real

****Spoiler alert! I just got done reading this book so don't read this post if you plan on reading the book! This is your friendly warning******

I bought Heaven is for Real at Cost.co the other day and started reading it during Cooper's afternoon nap. I couldn't put the book down! It's ahhhhmazing! Quick summary, a little boy visits Heaven during a surgery for a ruptured appendix. He starts talking to his family about meeting God, Jesus, and what Heaven looks like about 4 months after his surgery. He knew things about Jesus and Heaven that 4 year olds just don't know and I don't care how often that 4 year old goes to church! What was truly amazing was that he met his sister in Heaven that he didn't know his mom had miscarried prior to getting pregnant with him. This part of the story is what had me sobbing and gasping for air.

As a Believer and a mother to baby that was born straight into the arms of Jesus, the very thought of seeing her again in Heaven is what sustains me. I seriously know that every night that I lay my head on the pillow that I'm one day closer to seeing her again. I'm 100% confident in His promise to me. I guess, I just always kinda wondered what she'll look like or how old she'll be, those types of things.

In the book, the mom has an early miscarriage, I guess around 8 weeks or so, but in Heaven, the baby which turns out to be a girl is a little girl. So, she's not a baby in Heaven but a little girl. He asks her what her name is but she says that she doesn't have one which makes sense because the miscarriage happened way before you would know the sex of a baby so therefore the family didn't give the baby a name. Although, many families do give names to early pregnancy loss babies which I think is beautiful but this family did not and that's fine, too!

The mom in this story had been carrying around so much guilt because she felt that her body failed her baby. How many of us feel this guilt? The Lord knows that I still have problems with blaming myself. It's kinda weird but I actually felt some liberation when I had my hysterectomy because I felt like my uterus was getting what it deserved. Gosh, that sounds strange, but it's true! The guilt comes and goes even almost 34 months after Lily's death. I can't help it but I'm going to start trying to forgive myself, I mean, really, really forgiving myself.

Anyways, I highly recommend it to my fellow Believers and babyloss momma friends! It's a quick read, I seriously read it in 3 hours!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I read this book about a month ago. Before I read it I was very skeptical about the book, but I have to say after reading I truly believe that this little boy was in heaven. It gives me a lot of hope for the future in heaven. I also love the idea that Emily is in heaven and that there is family around her.
I also highly recommend this book. I read it in an afternoon too.

Wyatt's Mommie said...

I struggled with the loss of our son, Wyatt, until I read this book. This book opened my eyes to the fact that Wyatt is not suffering and he really is being cared for. So glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!!!

Wyatt's Mommie said...

I struggled with the loss of our son, Wyatt, until I read this book. This book opened my eyes to the fact that Wyatt is not suffering and he really is being cared for. So glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!!!

DandelionBreeze said...

I've heard such wonderful things about this book... I will definitely need to get it. Thank you for reminding me and lovely that you found such peace in it's word. Love to you always xoxo

Becky said...

I have been wanting to read this book, now I really have to

Anonymous said...

I am avoiding this post because I do want to read the book at some point :)