Monday, February 7, 2011

Trademark

I wish that I could trademark the name Lily (and any spelling variation) so that seeing or hearing her name wouldn't stun me...especially on a Monday morning.

I got an email for a care calendar for one of the moms in my MOPs group. She had a baby girl on Friday and yeah, her name is Lilly. It's a lovely name so I don't blame people for using it...

Ugh. I don't really know this mom so I may just be completely and horribly selfish and not sign up on her care calendar. Or, I just may take a day or two (or three?) to get my act together.

Help me, Lord, to hear her name and only think of seeing her again one day...and, not the missing her so much right now, part...Amen.

6 comments:

Ava's mummy said...

I am so sorry that hearing Lily's name was so hard, particularly in the context of a newborn. I struggle with hearing Ava's name too. Wishing you much love and strength. Ax

Allison (Ali) said...

I know what you mean - i was reading a blog the lady was talking about her friends who just had a baby and named her cadience and were going to call her cadie.

well needless to say it completely caught me off guard!

Hugs

Antoinette said...

When ever I hear there is a baby girl on the way I cringe waiting to see what name they will give it and i take a DEEP sigh of relief when its not alyssa....I even cringe at the names when it is a name of a baby that belongs to my friends...i too wish we could trademark them ((hugs))

Rhiannon said...

I wish we could trademark them too. I recently learned of an actor naming his daughter Harper Grace and it knocked the wind out of me. I got so mad at this person that I don't even know. How could he steal my baby's name, her whole name?? UGH...it is so hard. Lots of love to you!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I so, so get this.

Rachel said...

I totally understand what you are saying. We of course picked a very popular name without even thinking about it, and so I see and hear the name Emily all the time.