Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My sister, neice and I went to see Mamma Mia last weekend and we had such a great time. My sister is one of my favorite human beings...and, her kids are just as special to me. My neice turns 11 next Wednesday and this show was a part of her birthday present because she loves the movie and knows every word to every ABBA song!

There is a part of the show where Donna is singing "Slipping through my fingers" to Sophie...and, I look over and my sister is holding her daughter's hand...and, a lump forms in my throat and I start to cry just a little bit. Of course, I could blame it on the sweet moment in the show but in actuality...there was hurt that I won't teach Lily about life and love...I will never have the opportunity to raise her to be a wonderful woman and set her out into the world...

And, for that I'm sad.

**Aimee, I know you will read this and don't you dare apologize and think that you did something to make me sad. I love you!**

8 comments:

Jill said...

I saw mamma Mia also. I know exactly which part you are talking about. It hurts me to think of all the things I will never be able to teach my babies. I too am sad that you will never be able to teach Lily about life and love.

Maggie said...

That makes me sad too that you'll never be able to teach Lily about life and love. Thinking of you!

Bree said...

I'm sorry Jen. When we lost our babies, we lost all of these precious moments. xoxo

trennia said...

I've never seen it but using my imagination...it chocked me up just reading this...Many (((HUGS))) to you JenJen

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it in the theaters, but I own the movie. I love it.

*hugs* Jen, so many things we won't get to teach our babies. It hurts. I am so sorry Jen.

Me said...

{{{hugs}}}

Hollie said...

I have yet to see the movie, but your post brought tears to my eyes, Jen.

It's so hard to think of all of the things we get to do with our kiddos here on Earth, that we'll never be able to do with our angels.

*hugs*

Unknown said...

We had fun it was sooo cool. Thank you.