Tuesday, April 21, 2009

5.2 miles...heaven help me!

So, the March for Babies walk is this Saturday and I sure wish I had been practicing the 5.2 miles for this walk, because I may very well be the walk's first casuality. Exercising, sadly, is not my bag.

My entire family is walking in Lily's memory, so they are coming into town on Friday and staying the night. So, I'm trying to tidy up the house and finish up the last details for Saturday. There are 13 members on Lily's team, so I have to coordinate on how all of us will find each other at the walk. Everyone on Lily's team is wearing the same t-shirt that I had made special for the event, so they should be easy to spot.

I'm really geared up and looking forward to this event. In some small way, I finally feel as if I'm doing something motherly for my baby. I don't get the chance often to do something to publicly honor her and her short life. And, I know that I will do this walk every year forward...for her, and for all her little playmates in heaven.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so know how you feel. We are also doing the walk this weekend and ours is 6.5 miles and we have NOT practiced at all LOL

Bluebird said...

I get it, sweet girl, I get all of it :)

Except . . .um. . . the embaressing part is that our walk is only TWO miles, and I'm still a nervous wreck!

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I felt the same way after our walk in October. We have so few chances to mother our babies and it feels wonderful to honor them. I'm glad your family is participating, and I am hoping that you enjoy your day and have sweet memories of your Lily.

Erica said...

I hope your walk goes well! Walk for all of us who can't walk! I wanted to walk so badly this year, and I can't. That broke my heart! I am so glad that you have the support of your family behind you- that puts a smile on my face...13 members- WOW! I know that Lily will be watching you from heaven pointing down to all her friends saying, "Look at that beautiful lady there- that's my mama! I am so proud of her!"