Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'll love you forever

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be...

Many of you know this verse from the book "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. I read this book to Cooper nearly everyday at the NICU. A lump formed in my throat as I completed this book (yet again!) yesterday to my sweet baby son because it occured to me (however late) that this book applies to both of my children.

Lily won't ever keep me up at night or destroy my cell phone by dropping it in a glass of coke (hehehe, Aimee) but I will love everything about her forever. She did however make mommy pee every 20 minutes but I liked every trip to the bathroom because she was here.

Needless to say, she will always be MY baby. She will always be my first miracle. When I tell her story I will always be able to say "my RE told me that I'll never get pregnant on my own and I was already pregnant when he was speaking those words!"

Becoming a mommy again and being able to spend time with my son has taught me truly how magnificent a mother's love is...it's different from the love that you share with your spouse, your family or friends...You still have to manuever through those relationships dependent on your views on life or pasttimes...BUT, a mommy's love is instantaneous...there are no conditions to what you will do for your children...

And, this instantaneous love happened when I met both of my children...it continues after Lily's death and doesn't stop...being with Cooper only makes my love for her grow even more...

6 comments:

Me said...

I love that book. What a great post. I'm glad that you'll love her forever!

Bree said...

Ah Jen, this is so beautiful. I'm sure Lily will love all three of you forever, too. I need to pick that book up. :)

Marie W said...

You will love her forever because she is a part of you. There was a passage that I heard months ago, that after you have a baby, their DNA stays in your system. I liken it to your skin, its your forever skin - 20 years down the road your skin will not be different, so how can our love for our babies change? I am sure Lily is there with you even more now that she has her little brother to look after. Thinking of you and sending peace your way {Hugs}

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

So very beautiful, Jen! That's one of my favorite books, and it's just so perfect. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jen for sharing that verse. Its beautiful :)

Bluebird said...

Ah. So sad but so beautiful. What a wonderful way to sum it all up. Thank you.